The Hoist v1 gym is the entry level gym from Hoist in their consumer gym line.
The v1 is a solid gym that, like all the Hoist gyms, is built to a high standard of quality and with a fit and finish that’s second to none in the home gym industry.
There is a price for the quality you get with the v1, and that’s the high cost of this gym, not to mention, you can only get Hoist gyms through their tightly defined dealer network, so you’ll have to pay a premium to get one locally.
Hoist v1 specs and features:
- 155 lb. Radial Loc weight system
- 2” x 4” steel frame
- Wide groove pulleys on high, mid and low cable stations
- Commercial quality rubber grips with aluminum end fittings
- Split Weight Cabling delivers 50% resistance to mid and low pulleys
- Upholstered roller pads with aluminum end fittings
- Strap handles with revolving grips
You get a lot of club quality features on the Hoist v1. The frame is super heavy duty, the padding is top notch and the weight stack design is innovative, but at this price point I’m disappointed that the chest press option on the v1 is in a fixed plane.
As much as I like the Hoist V1, I think the better value in this price range is the Bodycraft Xpress Pro Home Gym.